This position provides administrative and clerical support to the Connections Team and serves as the first point of contact for all incoming calls and visitors. This position connects visitors with internal and external resources to meet their needs.
Primary Job Functions
- Answer all incoming calls and connect constituents with appropriate staff or resources
- Welcome incoming visitors by creating a hospitable, inviting environment that meets physical, spiritual, and emotional needs
- Assist Training Center Coordinator in our Job Search Boot Camp recruitment efforts by making follow-up phone calls to prospective students
- Perform administrative tasks and data entry related to information sessions and interviews
- Produce, distribute, and scan various documents for the training center, including name tags, applications, mock interview materials, graduation programs, etc.
- Support activities related to the Job Search Boot Camp, including making reminder calls, photocopying sensitive documentation, preparing drug testing kits, assembling files folders, etc.
- Administers drug testing to new students
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- 1-2 years’ experience in a clerical or receptionist background
- Prefer 2-year college degree (experience may be substituted for education)
- Possess warm, gracious, and encouraging disposition displayed through verbal and in-person communication
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Basic to Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite and data entry
- Exceptional organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to excellence
The successful applicant will demonstrate an ability to relate to others with compassion, patience, and self-control and be able to develop a high level of trust with visitors by maintaining confidentiality. They must serve as a role model for professional conduct and behavior and be able to maintain an environment that is organized, yet flexible enough to accommodate interruptions.
This is a fulltime, hourly (non-exempt) position with benefits including medical, dental, holidays and vacation.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit resume, salary history, and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Connections Assistant” in the subject line.